Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers in the world, and as such can be found on numerous platforms and operating systems, including Android. This is a very pleasing browser, with a lot of features and customization options that let you set it in a way that suits you, and one of such options is to change its language. The topic will be explained in the following lines.
Without further ado, if you have Google Chrome on your Android device and for whatever reason you want to change it, this is what you need to do.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome Android
Changing the language in your Google Chrome Android is a straightforward process and if you want to change it for whatever reason, this is what you need to do:
- First, enter the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
- Then, go to Menu (three dots in the top-right corner)
and select “Settings”, from the newly opened menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Languages section, and once you do, enter it.
- If the language that you need isn’t listed among the active languages, go to Add language and choose it once you find it.
- When the preferred language is listed in the active languages, drag it to the top of the list, by pressing the two lines next to it, and that is it. All your searches will now be displayed in the language that you like.
In the case you also want to change the UI language of your Google Chrome Android, unfortunately, you will be forced to change the default language of the entire phone, which isn’t something that many people are comfortable with. However, that is the only way.
If that is something that presents no issue for you and you are willing to do it, this what you need to do:
- To begin with, you need to go to phone Settings
and type “Languages” in the Search box.
- Select “Languages & input”, among the search results,
and go to Languages in the newly opened window.
- Select the preferred language among the listed ones,
confirm by pressing OK in the newly opened window, and there you go. Your job is finished successfully.